Tuesday 9 February 2010

Hey.....there...Mr Blue Sky !!!

The girls..and babies....out today when the clouds appeared
Zullulah, Zienna and Zeto .. we now have grass.

Zaninni, Zanubis and Zeuss...there's always one missing with this bunch... (Zerquo)


Marquette and Zullulah....there is a Rainbow...just looking for that pot of Gold...now !!



The Big Boys....




Hey there....we have had a Blue Sky over Scotland....briefly, mixed with big grey clouds and little flurries of snow !..a pretty mixed bag of weather to say the least...mind you its biting cold in the wind.

As the sun was shining, I decided to get the camera out for some photos of the alpacas and at one point there was a Rainbow !..which appeared in the distance.

No doubt the photos will bore my Dad, who has requested more of the tractor etc...! I will take some others when I next put some hay out or have a job to do with the tractor. I have been a little under the weather over the last couple of days, so I have only being doing what I need to.

I am debating about selling some more fleece, I can't decide whether I should keep it, just in case I have a desire to do a bit of spinning and knitting. As we are into February already, June will soon come around and I will have a new batch to be busy with. I can't believe how this year is marching on...time waits for no-one.....


It will soon be time to introduce the younger boys, back with the older ones, Zerquo, Zaninni and Zeuss have ran with them before, but when Zaninni had his injury last year I separated them in order that he may recover and have company. Zanubis will be two in June, so I am putting it off a little in order that he will be almost mature when he is introduced with the older boys...as you know they boys can be a little boisterous at times ! Hopefully in a month or so when the weather is better we will be trying them together. I hope that things go better than when I tried to introduce Zeuss...two years ago, it took 5 attempts...as Zorba was spending his time persecuting him..we got there in the end. I was reluctant to remove him from them, but I had to due to circumstance.

8 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Looks like you've had a better day weatherwise than us - roll on Spring eh!

Keep the alpaca photo's coming and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Jayne. Good to see that rainbow....a bit of colour after all that white stuff! Hope you feel better soon.

WillowBank Alpacas said...

Glad to see you have finally got some blue sky coming through, the rainbow must be a sign of something good coming after all that snow.
Karl & Lisa

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Nice of the boys to stand to attention for you.

Rob @ Wellground said...

Hmmm... That last remark could be a bit risky ;o))

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Now then Rob !!...how very dare you !!!.....Jayne ;o))

Rob @ Wellground said...

Only kidding.... ;o))

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Rob....I'll have you know...there's none of that round here !!...not in these parts..!!.I know you are ;o))..Jayne