Friday 14 October 2011

Road to Hell...has speed Humps !! :0)

Much better...but it does have a few...'Speed Humps'

Better than this mind...Im hoping you can see....the improvements !! What a mess !

Daisy pulling the tractor...out of the gateway...as we were stuck with a trailer full of rock !!

Having a break.......we have worked.....non stop for 2 days on this........to create this mess !!

Mam......and Holly .....checked, cleaned and put back to bed......she is now 'Huge' compared to

4 ozs when she was found last year !


Carrying on from last nights topic......the track....better know as the road to Hell !

Well I managed to get the last few loads this morning.... and after dinner I had the delight of trying to smooth it out !

I'll have you know we have spent all day sorting out the track, we have had just about every piece of equipment out. The trials and tribulations have been and gone, we did have the tractor stuck at one point in the gateway to the 10 acre field....loaded with the trailer....sunk into the soft mud.......thankfully Daisy came to the rescue and helped pull the tractor out....

Most of the afternoon was spent.......driving up and down, with the tractor and the homemade plough....a strainer post ! then I moved onto Daisy who did her share....then back to the tractor with a steel girder on.....then the quad was out with a pallet dragging behind !!

To top it off.......I have a much improved track....much better than before...........however....I do have a number of...'Speed Humps' as described by my mam.....to slow the horses down !

I have rang the professionals to request they come and sort out....my BMX course !......to come and remove the humps, my tractor and Digger do not have self levelling buckets...so when you go over the humps...the bucket just follows......so I have called on the services of the contractors....who are much more skilled than me at this sort of thing !

I am happy with our efforts........just a few humps to deal with, but overall .....much improved compared to the ...........Boot Sucking Mud !!

The horses have been watching with amusement and have been up and down the track already. I'm sure it will be much better for them through the winter months.

Especially when it gets the professional touch !

We even managed to have a look at Holly tonight, we needed to check her to see if she was ok, before she goes into hibernation.....she is massive, she was hissing lots...and she now is the size of a football....and weight a healthy amount....she has been dusted with special flea powder....and given nice fresh straw......so hopefully she can go into the winter ...nice and snug.

So, tomorrow is hopefully going to be an easier day...I have a light to fix in the new wooden barn extension....so we can see, as the nights draw......and at this time of year.....I regularly get caught out...with the dark !

So that's on the 'to do' list for me tomorrow......its the last day for my parents before they go back home.......we have managed to do most of the jobs......on the list.

I have a bit of finishing off to do....but I think I can safely say....I'm more prepared than I was a month ago !

1 comment:

Terry said...

Much better. Your area is so pretty.
Glad to hear that Holly has grown so much.