Thursday 21 January 2010

Sunshine ! ....what is that ..

Trienza enjoying her time out..
Trienza and Tremona, in high spirits..

We have been graced by some sunshine today. It was a very pleasing sight. It is marvellous just how the sun can raise your spirits and warm your heart, especially on these cold dark winter days. I had almost forgotten just what the sun looks like. The snow is melting slowly however the track is still under very thick.


The alpacas were out enjoying the brief sunny day, the temperature is still cold and the wind is definitely on the wintry side. So its not quite spring yet. There is a rumour that we are forecast more snow tonight, I hope not.


The fields are now very soggy and with the milder temperatures, no doubt the mud is to follow. I will have to invest in some new wellies...as my old ones are sadly beyond repair. I have managed to put it off with the snow. I think that I shall have to get some new ones to keep my feed dry...now the mud is round the corner !

6 comments:

Rob @ Wellground said...

Love the pronking pacas. Hope the snow stays away for you.

Rob n Les

Henny14 said...

I'm glad your pacas are happy.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

We now have the mud in some fields :-(

Lucy said...

Not looking forward to the mud either....are you getting some groovy wellies or some green ones? :-)

Unknown said...

My sensible new green wellies keep kidnapping my socks. I am working with socks in the toes and bare feet but they are keeping me dry. Going to buy long socks tomorrow to see if that will work.

Sid and Pat said...

Hopefully it will thaw slowly so there is not too much water about! Love the excited looking Alpacas - bet you felt like joining them!!!!!!