Monday 25 October 2010

Mud....glorious Mud !!!

The Boys and Norris.....
This was one evening...when the sheep arrived....and one or two..decided to play 'King of the Castle'...on top of the well in the field....

No frost up here...but the days and nights are turning colder, its hard to believe that November is nearly here !

The nights are getting darker sooner and we have already had numerous sleet and snowy showers together with biting winds....no gentle ease into the winter.....its here and boy don't I know it !!

The Canada Geese are flying overhead to winter on the Moray Firth, that is always a lovely sight to behold.....but on the down side of the onset of winter...comes the dreaded MUD !!

I seem to spend my winter months....sloshing around in various depths of Mud !!......yesterday I had a delivery of straw to tide me over for the winter....and I have been loading and re-arranging the barns to make room for it...up and down the track and the result is MUD !!

You could get a little dis-heartened about the stuff...and some days...are worse than others....but its just a fact of life when you live in the country on a farm.....

We have had no real frosts to mention.......so a good sturdy pair of wellies are definitely required......

I checked on Holly today...just to make sure she was in her house.....and she is....curled up in the corner....sleeping, she has the right idea...I added more straw in her house so she is nice and snug.....I hope to see her in the spring.......sleep well little hedgehog....!! See you in the Spring !!

4 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I used to love to see my hedgehogs tucked up for winter hibernation, but it was always a nice sight and a relief when they woke again in the spring.

We have frost here, no mud .....yet!

WillowBank Alpacas said...

Hi Jayne,
I would say you can have our frost but I also hate the mud with a passion. So I would have the frost any day. Keep a hold of those wellies :)

Rosemary said...

Frost here - but no mud yet, thank goodness!
Norris looks really happy with his alpacas!

Terry said...

We're supposed to get our first snow tonight. The winds howled all day. Holly has the right idea.