Friday 25 March 2011

Tumbling.....Norris !! ...

Poor........Norris !!
Minstrel !!..........
I have a new carder !!....Pocus .....is holding it to ransom .....


Slinky....having a snooze...in the sun ......

Dougal ..............

It has been another lovely day up here in bonny Scotland......

I have had a bit of a feedtastic week......I went for two bales of straw on Tuesday, then for a bale of silage on Wednesday....and today........I managed to get two extra bales of hay, mostly for the horses....so I am back to having plenty of supplies.....hopefully this will last me through into the summer......
On Thursday afternoon I was busy chain harrowing the 10 acre field with the tractor....to remove some of the old dead grass and to allow the new growth through for the coming summer.......
Tonight as usual I get my alpacas in for bed.......and tonight was no exemption !

The older boys were waiting at the gate for bedtime, now there is a bit of a bedtime rush to the barn.....and by the time I sort the gate out most of the boys and usually Norris are down to the other gate and heading for the barn.

I'm usually a bit behind the rush to bed ....however when I looked......I saw poor Norris......swept of his feet....I think he must have lost his balance.....in the mad bedtime rush...he was thrashing around on his back......and couldn't get up.....some of the alpacas ran round him....almost over him..and then to add insult to injury...Socks..who is a quiet fella...decided to flatten Norris...I think it was his change at asserting a bit of authority on the disadvantaged...Norris.......by the time I got there.......Socks had realised it wasn't another alpaca and got off....and followed the others.....

Norris was wriggling around on his ever so square back...a big disadvantage ....when you're stuck...on it.....I started to run to help right him....and he was fighting to right himself....by the time I got there..he had just managed to turn himself....

Ah........poor Norris....he got up and was shocked to say the least.....to add further insult to injury..he had a big dirty nose....when he kissed the dust !!

I didn't have my phone....on me to take a picture......but Norris was shocked and so was I......

I'm thinking of putting him in the chicken area for the summer when I have my big change round for the summer......

Must be something about this field....it wasn't that long ago...I was rolling down there...when Rosemary and Carl came to visit !!....making a fool of my self...so I gave Norris a bit of a cuddle tonight....well after all I can sympathise !!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

You didn't look a fool! You looked very acrobatic!
Poor Norris - just like my Stumpy, maybe they should meet someday?!!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Poor Norris!

Rob @ Wellground said...

Poor Norris, I can sympathise, when I roll on my back Les has to help me up..... ;o))

Tee hee

Rob

Terry said...

Poor Norris! It sounds like the only thing hurt was his pride. When I read the title, I was afraid you had taken a tumble over Norris!

Unknown said...

Oh Norris...not your best day!