Monday 28 June 2010

A New Lease of Life !!

My new..... Alpaca Chest.......after the make-over !
Mam and Dad.....having a break ! with the hand carved walking stick.

Close up of the Rams horn..walking stick...the sheep dog is carved out of the horn in one piece...hours of work to create this lovely unique stick.
Zonda....enjoying a moment..in the garden today ! Zelqui is in the background by the gate !

Today was the day, I decided to do a little art work. I have had an old chest for years, it has spent most of its time in the barn, with horse rugs in it. I have wanted to renovate it for ages, I just have never got round to it.

I had a new job for the chest, to hold all of my spinning items....my Electric Spinning Wheel, my Drum Carder and my fleece, knitting needles and all the bits and pieces that I use. So today was the day it got a new lease of life.

I have dusted it off......I have varnished it, and all that was left to do was to add a little bit of Alpaca Flare !!.... My artwork skills have come in useful...needless to say...I decided to paint a couple of Alpaca's onto the front. I am really pleased with the finished result.

So now the chest is sitting in my conservatory with all and sundry spinning items..inside. I am really very pleased with the new look....

I wish I had done it sooner.......I do like to recycle....and it just goes to show what can be done with a little bit of imagination....and a bit of stuff, out of the cupboard...!!

I have also taken a couple of photo's of my parents....having a well earned break from the farming chores.....its nice to have an extra pair of hands....for all those jobs, my Dad has brought some of his hand carved walking sticks up to show me....he has made a lovely one with a Rams Horn and a Sheep Dog. So this was an excuse to show it off !

8 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

You obviously get your creative flare from your dad, both chest and stick are fab!

Rosemary said...

That is a beautifully carved stick - must have taken hours . . and the chest is wonderful, excellent bit of recycling! Is you mother sitting on a hand carved mushroom?!

Unknown said...

How clever you both are...beautiful and so much more pleasurable that going out and buying something!

Jeff said...

Great piece of work on the chest!

Shirley said...

It's obviously a big and deep chest to hold all your spinning & knitting stuff Jayne! Looks really good. Dad's walking stick, like the ones you showed us when we visited, are excellent and worthy of a wider showing. Well done both - and Mum on the mushroom!! Take care - hope you are feeling much better now. Shirley & Robbie

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Lovely work on the chest Jayne - ethnic and primitive - beautiful, and most important, useful.Dave.

Sid and Pat said...

Talent obviously runs in the family - what superb carving and artistic work on the chest.

jenifermary said...

Great post.Thanks for sharing the information.It' good to see that you are doing two task at the same time:work & pleasure.Have fun and do lot of entertainment.

http://www.removaldoctors.com