Monday 22 November 2010

High Alert !!......for some .....!!!

The girls......nothing exciting going on....here !
A little Blue-Tit.....enjoying the fat-balls....in the pine tree......

Boys are watching the fox.....some more than others.......


Mr Foxy....crossing the hill.......!

It has been a totally miserable day here today....so much so that all the alpacas have spent the day indoors.......me too.......mostly.....feeling a little under the weather !....

According to the weather forecast its only going to get much worse....and if they are right we are going to have heavy snow by the weekend !!......great !!!!!!!

Anyway back to Sunday, I happened to go out into the conservatory and by chance I noticed that most of the boys were on 'High Alert' well most were at least interested....and there was a good reason for the interest....

There on the hill was Mr Foxy !!....obviously looking for some afternoon tea !....well for those who don't know me, I actually like the wildlife....and I believe in live and let live !!......so by the time I could get the camera to take a photo...it had moved away....so the photos are not that good...but it definitely was a fox and.....caused quite a bit of interest in the alpaca boys field.

At this time of year...things are out and about searching for a meal or two.....and I regularly see the odd fox crossing the farmland. So long as they stay away from my chucks.....I really don't mind....anyway the alpacas do a great job of chasing them if they dare to enter their fields, I have personally witnessed them chase a fox out of their fields so its very true. The alpacas know who should and shouldn't be in their fields......and do not tolerate the odd fox. The foxes have become wise of this and take an alternative route.

Hopefully the alpacas will be out tomorrow....weather permitting.......I shall keep you posted as to the first snowfall of the year...........The little dicky-birds are enjoying the fatballs in the garden.........Winter has arrived .............Brrrrrrrrrr !!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hope you have that wood burner roaring! It is cold down here and they say even down south we may get a flurry of snow later in the week.
Lovely photos.

Terry said...

First mud, now snow! You are getting some nasty weather already. Here we watch the coyotes. Like you, I enjoy the wildlife. The coyotes were here before we were.