Saturday 27 November 2010

Snow Storms.....never ending !!

Slightly.....snow dusted.....Alpacas.....
The girls watching.....Peter and Will collecting up the sheep.....

Up the wood.....tonight......with the quad....

Rounding up the sheep this morning......

View from the wood....looking down to the farm.......

What a Saturday.....snow storms off and on all day !!

We had more snow overnight.....and as usual...there was more and more snow through-out the day......

The sheep have been collected.....this morning...Peter and Will came together with three sheep dogs..to round them all up and take them back to their home farm.....for the rest of the winter months.......the dogs are marvellous......what a job they do !

It was nice to see the dogs working the sheep and although the weather has been bad, all the sheep were accounted for........so they made their way down the track to the tractor and trailer......as it was left about a mile away........just to be on the safe side......as its a bit tricky to get a good run onto the main roads.....and they didn't want to get stuck.....

The alpacas were intrigued with the commotion and were fascinated with both the dogs and the sheep....the girls have been out today braving the snow storms.......and were waiting patiently at the gate.....wanting to come in tonight...when I returned from my little scramble round the wood.....I decided to take the quad bike up the wood, as I usually feed the wild-life...instead of walking.......I was determined to get the quad up there..to put a few tracks down.....I also took the dogs with me for their night-time walk...so two jobs done at once.....I had a good......scramble round the wood...and managed not to get stuck......last winter I got the quad stuck about 4 times.....and its a 4x4 !........

So obviously photos...are essential......and there is no stopping me now I have the knack !!.....so here are a few photos of todays...little adventures......in the ever increasing snow !!.....

All in all........a good day.....its still snowing.....tonight......looks like its here to stay a while !!
I've just checked the weather station and its freezing outside...its showing minus 5.3 degrees !! I'm glad I'm tucked up in front of the fire !!....

5 comments:

Rob @ Wellground said...

Now that's what I REALLY call snow!

Keep warm and safe Jayne.

Rob n Les

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Ours is still coming and like you we put some tracks down!

Unknown said...

Wow...we are just playing in comparision!

Terry said...

I love the snow dusted alpacas photo! And the view from the woods to the farm is beautiful, but it looks very cold. Stay warm, friend!

Shirley said...

Hiya Jayne, Great photos that tell the whole story about the weather. Keep smiling - stay warm. Shirley & Robbie