Saturday 9 April 2011

The Swallows are Here !!!......Yipee

The girls out yesterday .......
Follow my leader......Duke and Zeto !!..... keep in step !!

Zakhura.....the field isnt .....big enough !!



Up bright and early this morning ....only to be greeted with a wonderful surprise...

As I looked out of the window.....after checking the alpacas had survived their first night out, which they had...obviously !!

I noticed a little bird....now.....not just any little bird, it caught my eye as I looked over towards the barn......

It was a Swallow......!!!! Yipee...... I just love to see these little birds arrive back here for the start of the summer-time....

So its official.......even the Swallows are coming in....on the better weather.....I have counted two this morning.....they look like the young ones hatched here last year......

Marvellous !!

Just lifts your spirit a bit ......Roll on the Summer !!

3 comments:

Bev said...

Well spotted. I'm off work all next week so I'll be doing a bit of bird watching, if they've reached you up there there must be some in Yorkshire by now.

Unknown said...

It doesn't seem that long since you were announcing their arrival last year, time is just flying by. Glad to see Zeto is enjoying the warmer weather, beautiful photo of him.

Shirley said...

They haven't reached us yet Jayne, but thats good news, we love having the Swallows around the steadings. Lovely photo of Zeto & Duke - quite a difference in size and notice that Duke has his tail flicked over!