Saturday 4 April 2009

Jackdaw's Delight !




According to the weather over the past few days, we also have been treated to Spring-time.

This was confirmed by the local Jackdaw's collecting for their nests. So I noticed that there was a group of them collecting from around the field, a pair decided to fly off with some Highland hair, kindly donated from Haggis, this gave me an idea ! So I decided to put some alpaca shearings out, just the old stuff from last year, mainly off the leg cuttings, just to see if they would come and take this also.

Guess what, they did, I even managed to snap a quick photo from my kitchen window ! I like to help the wild animals, especially if they can do a little bit of recycling, why not !!.....I would like an alpaca lined nest to brood my chicks in....nothing but the best for the Jackdaws up here in bonny Scotland !




1 comment:

Lucy said...

Great idea - so cosy! Jenny McHarg of Fowberry Alpacas did this for the local red squirrels too.