Thursday 20 January 2011

Back to Square One ! ......

The boys in the barn ......and Norris....eating as usual !!
Duke ......

Pacosha.....enjoying the summer......last year........can't come soon enough !!


It has been over a week since I have blogged....so I just thought I'd better show my face so to speak !

Over the last week or so I had noticed that Pacosha's abscess had started to return. So I have been dealing with this again, she has had two anti-biotic injections. I have lanced it and got out lots of infection, so we are back to the good old poultice.

I have also noticed that she had lost quite a bit of condition, maybe due to the abscess or maybe just because of old age, I suspect that she is probably older than on her registration certificate. I have started to give her some Ceto Phyton, to boost her food intake and hopefully this will help her gain condition. I have noticed quite an improvement with her mood since I have been treating her.

At the beginning of the week, I noticed that she was standing in the field ......she did not graze at all .....just stood looking quite sad.......but now since her treatment, she is back to grazing and moving with the other girls.....and generally behaving like she should be. I think she is much happier.

One another subject, I have sold some fleeces to a customer in Portugal !! So I'm in the process of posting these off.........hopefully sometime next week.....

Its surprising just how people find you, I have also had an enquiry from someone who is interested in coming to see the alpacas, so maybe we will have another visitor....sometime soon.

The girls are now 6 months into their pregnancies, and I think that some are starting to show their baby bumps !! Hopefully we might have 7 new arrivals sometime in June, all being well.

Its hard to believe that......its only 5 months.....to go !!

It will not surprise you to know....I have a new list of 'Z' names just waiting for the new arrivals......still got quite a long list !!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

That Ceto Phyton seems good stuff -thanks for recommending it to us!
Couldn't view the photos as my internet is so slow - will come back and look again when it speeds up!

Unknown said...

Thinking up names is all part of making the waiting more exciting...slightly more challenging when restricted to 'z' I imagine!

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Good to hear that Pacosha is happier - there is nothing like the feeling of knowing that a sick animal has improved because you did something about it.

Terry said...

Poor Pacosha! But it sounds like she's on the mend now, thanks to your good care. That Duke is adorable!

Lucy said...

Hi Jayne....we are surviving the winter just too and hoping for spring. your boys look great, and Norris! Poor Pacosha, but glad she's better now. Abscesses can be horrible things. I was told Thaimine (B1) is good for appetite.