Wednesday 5 January 2011

Fancy a Lick !! .....

Zeuss.....enjoying the salt lick !!
Socks.....also enjoying the lick !!....

New hair-doo !!.......we can see .....

Norris.......enjoying the lick !!....


Last week I decided to renew the salt licks for the alpacas...as I had seen a couple of them sucking the bars on the sheep hurdles. I always worry at this time of year that they are getting enough minerals etc ! So I have used the baby Rockies...the buff coloured one for all livestock ! this seems to have gone down well !

So I decided to replace the salt licks........these have been greatly appreciated ! I have read some where that alpacas do NOT lick....there fore salt licks are not very useful......well someone should tell this to my lot !!

Even Norris ...enjoyed....a sneaky lick ...... I have checked all the licks and they are being used.

Today I have also...done a little bit of 'Hairdressing' the younger boys have had a hair-cut, Duke, Zanubis and Zeto have much more fleece around their faces and I think they also appreciated the new hairdoo !!

Apparently we are forecast more snow over the weekend.....so I hope this comes and goes.....just as quick.

I am looking forward to the spring....and the first sight of snow-drops...then the Daffodils.........yipee....then I know......winter is well and truly on its way........

But for the here and the now....its.....still....cold and dark winter nights.....sitting in front of the roaring....fire.......dreaming of the summer.....and nice evening walks round the wood.....and the odd moan.......about it being too hot !!!........as if !!



Oh.....Aye......I'm dreaming.....back to the winter !!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hope it is just a quick flurry of snow for you!
Spring can't be far away - it has been a rough winter!

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Would that be Salt Lick City Jayne?

Terry said...

Very cute pictures, Jayne. They clearly enjoy the salt licks, as do our horses. I hope Spring comes soon for you. It is a long way off here.