Wednesday 14 January 2009

All Boys Together !



No doubt some regular blog readers will recall, the problems I had last year to introduce my younger boys, with my older males...after lots of trials and tribulations, I can say that as of now, we are getting on much better !

So this year let harmony reign, and here's the proof of the pudding ...all boys together...nosing at the view across the field.

Zaninni, still has no front teeth !...there still coming slowly. The boys are enjoying the milder weather and the lighter nights...there even staying out until 4pm !!....I'll have you know !

Today I have moved my two 'Pet' Highland Cows onto their new field for the moment, so they to are enjoying their new greener pasture !....Hence the nosey neighbours !

5 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

The all look great and I just love the Highland cattle. I'm hoping that I'll be able to put all my boys together when I split the weanling boys from the girls. I'm not sure how Hughie and Horatio will get on though because they both like lots of attention!!

Perry Wheeler said...

The really are a wonderful sight - I know that they are supposed to be really gentle, but I do think those horns would worry me...

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Thanks for the comments,

Haggis is the old timer 12years old !(Red) and Dougal is the delinquent !....flighty ! (Blonde)one he is 6 years old now. You would never have guessed that I used to walk Dougal on the Halter !...until he decided that he did not want to be caught one day !...and that trend has continued ever since... Hagggis is a real Gent...and I can stroke and hand feed him....I have a soft spot for this old fella....and the other one well he's in a different league !...no more halter training for him...or I'll just end up in hospital or on You've bee framed !!!...

Debbie, I hope your boys get on better than my lot, I just have every problem you can imagine...why does everyone else seem to have no problems !..Just my luck......Jayne

Patou Alpacas said...

Jayne, Love those big boys they look great. I take it you won't be eating them then?

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Mark...

Dead Right.....

Horns to big !..Hows about that for a tooth pick !!.....I'd let you give Haggis a big Kiss though...he's going no-where especially on any-bodys plate....thankfully to old a tough now......no worrries about that one ......I rescued him from the butcher !!I've often told Dougal he's not to old though (only joking)....we don't do that sort of thing round here !!....Jayne