Saturday 10 January 2009

I have been Spinning....around !!



Well, today I treated myself to a little therapy....Spinning of course !..I must admit to really enjoying spinning, I find it very therapeutic and think that its marvellous to own and love the animal, then to be able to turn this fantastic fibre into something really quite special, something quite unique.

So I did a little carding yesterday, and then the fun begins, I have even considered getting an electric attachment to my spinning wheel apparently you can get these ! It would save the 'old' knees !. I can't spin it up fast enough !

I am in the middle of a bit of a project...I've made the hat !...I'm making the bag! and then I'm making the scarf!!!!....so lots of alpaca fleece needed. I must confess to being a little impatient, by the time I've carded it, spun it, washed it and waited for it to dry, I'm a bit impatient, cause I want to turn it into something nice.

So I am persevering.....I will have enough for all my little wish list of items, by the time I've finished them all it will be winter again and time to get out the woollies !!

2 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I love to be able to spin then knit my own fleece too. I am very slow though and I hate the carding bit!!

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

I know..thats the hardest part I find too...although I do have a drum carder...I have often thought about getting it done professionally though...but Im persevering....