Thursday 19 August 2010

Mixed Emotions !!....

A beautiful sunset, the boys are just in the bottom of the picture...waiting to come in !...no chance on such a lovely evening !!
The Bees.....enjoying the garden !

The Butterflies....enjoying the Budleah....


The girls this afternoon.....relaxing..!!


This is exactly how I feel............

Today....I got my fleece samples back.....and they weren't quite what I had expected..and I eventually got my Decree Absolute !! ....saying no more on that !! .....

So what a day..........and on top of all that I have the vet hopefully coming in the morning to look at Pacosha....her what I thought...to be an abscess...isn't responding to the treatment..so I'm hoping that the vet can shed some light on this lump...under her chin. I have been poulticing it now for over a week...and nothing has happened...it is not bothering her, and I'm beginning to wonder if it is an abscess at all...

Anyway...back to the fleece...tests.....Im perplexed to say the least...I have a bit of a dilemma...who I thought would provide what.....we'll I was wrong !....and if I hadn't of prepared the samples myself...and watched them being sheared...I wouldn't have believed it !!

Thankfully, I only have one grey..so no problem there...and one black..so that wasn't the problem either... The dilemma..is between my White/Spotted girl Zienna and Barnacre Duke !!..Mind you he is a creamier white...and Zienna...carries more mixed colours..as she is actually spotted more than you think...you can see more spots after she has been sheared.

So......the samples are as follows:- ( I have even rang and spoke to them tonight...to confirm these results..)

Zanzibah Zeto....................(Grey) 21.7 Mean, SD 4.7, CV 21.6% Comfort factor of 95.8%

I am really quite chuffed with his results.....as you know he is a lovely colour...and he is home bred....... I have repeated this mating again this year to see if he is a one off....fluke !! He was also my top.....blanket yield...for this year, between the babies...!!

Zanzibah Zullulah .....(Black/White) 28.0 Mean, SD 7.6, CV 27.0% Comfort factor of 67.0%

Zanzibah Zienna ....(White/Multi) 18.3 Mean, SD 4.7, CV 25.4% Comfort factor of 98.0%

Barnacre Duke...(Solid White) 25.7 Mean, SD 6.4, CV 24.8% Comfort factor of 80.9%

I am really quite surprised...at these results......infact...Im a bit...confused.com !!

Just as well....I actually spoke to the lady on the phone tonight..as I had..my own, idea as to who gave what...and it wasn't correct !! Thankfully..we matched the samples up with the BAS Reg. No..so no confusion there !!

Today..I was in the garden and the Budleah is in full bloom...so I decided to take a couple of photos..of the Butterflies...and the Bees...enjoying their time on the Budleah.....

And to round off this....mixed bag of emotions....there has been a wonderful sunset...so I also decided to take a picture of that !!....to cheer me up and remind me....why I live here...!!

Here's hoping that tomorrow brings...a much brighter day.....I'm trying to look forwards....not backwards...!!

Still.....got grass...and no hay !...and the weather has been lovely..today..but they forecast rain tomorrow......I could just about....give up....with this summer....well I think...it has been summer !! ;-(

7 comments:

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Nice to see your sunset and butterflies Jayne - its regional reversal as it's blowing a 'hooley' and raining here for a change - hope the vet has good news about Pacosha, all the best Dave.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Where on earth did they take Duke's sample from the bottom of his legs!

Rosemary said...

We had similar strange fleece samples two years ago!
Lovely photos, Jayne.
Hope you have good news about Pacosha.

Terry said...

I don't know enough about alpacas to know what your sample results mean. To me, your herd is beautiful, and their colors are just lovely.

Anonymous said...

支持你!!!加油囉!!!多謝..................................................................

Unknown said...

Right decision with the hay Jayne...it's not looking good here.

Now fleece stats... even harder to predict than the weather...

Lucy said...

Hi Jayne. It might we worth retesting to be sure - once they have grown in a bit I guess! Micron results are always surprising but usually you have a good idea of who's the finest, don't you? Your decree - well it's onward and upward from now on Jayne!!!