Monday 23 August 2010

Phase Three !!.....Rained Off !!

Tremona....yesterday....it was a much nicer day !!
The Buzzard..soaring on the thermals !!

Zeto....


It had to happen.......yes...Im rained off !....

This haymaking lark...is..just too traumatic ! Never mind...its has been light showers to rain this afternoon. However the forecast is not good..and its showing pretty much the same tomorrow..fine on Wednesday..but there is no way that the hay will dry out in one day !

Unless anyone knows of a massive hairdryer ! I can borrow !! Then yes you guessed it rain..again Thursday !...so its not looking great....

I want the forecast to be wrong ! and I need at least 3 dry days ! to catch up.....

What's the betting that isn't going to happen. If all else fails and the forecast is right...I too shall be having it made into haylage ! I don't want to, but its better than being left with nothing to feed over the winter.

Good hay is going to be like 'hens teeth'......I can't afford to end up with nothing...so I'll keep you posted on how we get on and what I decide to do.

But for the here and the now...its a case of just waiting to see...but I can't wait forever !!


Typical....

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Sods law Jayne! It's chucking it down here too yet 'scattered showers' were not due until tomorrow. We went out yesterday with the trailer and bought in hay (22 square bales) so that will put a smile on the boys' faces! Good to see the smiling face of the work force in the tractor last blog - and I thought that was the gaffer! Take care, Shirley & Robbie

Rosemary said...

We've really got our fingers crossed for you - torrential rain here last night and most of the day.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

It's been terrible here this afternoon and the rest of the week isn't looking much better. I can see we're going to be searching for hens teeth at this rate!!

Terry said...

Oh no! Let's hope the rain is over for you. We don't get much rain here, but we had a storm today, and my neighbors had just baled.

Unknown said...

The torrential rain continues here...it's now about getting the cut grass cleared rather than baled!