Thursday 17 September 2009

Jumping Beans.....or Alpacas ! ...

Tranquil scene....the girls on their best behaviour, but don't be fooled !

I was going to keep this little event a secret as I was just bragging to Debbie a couple of hours ago, just how well behaved my alpacas are, how as usual they just run in to their shed on an evening....Debbie asked 'Does the tape stop your alpacas ?...I said 'YES' with confidence...they have only gone over it once !!!

A couple of hours later....bed-time was calling....I had left John cooking the tea, he's a modern man, I'll have you know. He knows the difference between the cooker and the sink !

I went out to put my alpacas in...no problems there I thought...I'd just be a couple of minutes.....How wrong was I .... as usual they all ran down to their shed, apart from Tremona....who has turned into a right tart at the minute !...she teases they boys and has turned into a right flirt !....Now she can jump better than the horses...she cleared the tape like a race-horse...needless to say Trienza followed and off they galloped into the distance down the track...disappearing beyond the hedgerows !....I was left behind in a cloud of dust !....I called for the troops !!...John, Debbie and Paul jumped into action....it was just a couple of hours ago...there had been a discussion between the males...about running...half Marathon's etc, time and distances...so here's your opportunity boys....the human sort...get after those girls.....the men ....ran with speed and left us girlies to gracefully jog across the field and down the track !!!...I'm a plodder not a sprinter I'll have you know...but I get there !

The girls were turned round about half a mile away...as our track is just over half a mile long...they were stopped just before our neighbours turning.....once again they ran back with grace and speed......needless to say I had to run back across the field to shut the gate...as I had opened it to let the boys out...I didn't want them to meet as I'm trying to re-set the mating clock into spring....and these girls are not pregnant !......I was off like a shot !.....at the time...Debbie did manage to stall them for a little while to give me a head start...I needed the quad not a head start....these blighters can run.......I did feel a bit sick and puffed at the time...but I got there....thankfully I don't smoke or drink !....although you would think that I had been a forty a day kinda gal !....at this point....

Ok, have you got the picture.....I think the scene has been set.....the girls came back...and the men came back....and we retired into the house for tea....which had been left simmering .... a nice run before tea... gives you an appetite.

Moral of the story.....They never do what you say they do !... do they !!!

1 comment: